Continuing on with my analysis of the April 2011 Social Flooring Blog Index, I was interested in exploring geography and city/state location of the blogs included in the Social Flooring Index using eCairn. This geo-location feature is one that eCairn introduced to eCairn Conversation in January 2011, based on the location information that bloggers [particularly serious ones] include as part of their social profiles.
Of the 168 blogs included in the April 2011 Social Flooring Index update, 39% include geo-location information.
As you can see from the map above, a majority [85%] of the Social Flooring Index Blogs with geo-location information are North America based.
And the Canadian flooring blogs are all located in Vancouver! There must be something in the British Columbia air...
Here are a few more stats about the Social Flooring Blog Index's participation in social networks:
- 46% make no reference to any social networks
- 45% include reference to Twitter
- 32% include reference to Facebook Fan Pages
- 5% refer to a Facebook personal profile
- 4% include a LinkedIn reference
I've also included below a closeup map of North America. Even though ~60% of Social Flooring Index blogs aren't captured on this map, even if they were don't you think there's still plenty of room for more flooring blogs?
What are your reactions to this information?
Next: I'll analyze the conversations taking place.
Previous posts in this series include:
- Social Flooring Blog Index - April 2011
- How Networked Is The Social Flooring Blog Index - April 2011
- Social Flooring Index Tribes - April 2011